Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The devil is powerless

Last night I had a freakish dream. In it, the devil (who was faceless) asked me a series of questions, the last of which was, "where are you?" After surveying my surrounding I answered that I was in a cemetery. As soon as the answer came out, I felt a force pushing me down into the ground and I saw the shadow of my body in the soil--I was being buried. My mind knew that my body was asleep in a dream, I also knew that the only way to get rid of this demonic nuisance was to call out loud the name of Jesus. And that was a problem, because I was asleep; I had to wake my body up. That I did, and even with my weak groggy voice, the slight whisper of Jesus' name made the devil disappear.

This isn't the first time I've been harassed this way in my sleep. Every now and then dark spirits enter my dreams. Sometimes they taunt my insecurities; sometimes they threaten my safety. But mostly all they can accomplish is just sleep deprivation. After many experiences like this, I realize one thing--the devil and demons are powerless, the most that they can do to me is wreck my night's sleep. They can't harm me physically; they lack physical substance. They are a vapour. 

No wonder the devil loves this specific deception so much--that is, the lie that our bodies are bad. And no wonder the devil must tempt people to do wrong and use people as agents of evil deeds; on its own the devil has no power to conquer physicality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment